Friday, September 10, 2010

Matriculation Day!

Thursday, September 9, 2010 was Matriculation Day at Claflin University. I honestly didn't know what to expect. As I walked into the gym, I saw that the setting was a little more formal than I expected. The choir was perfectly aligned in their beautiful concert robes. I was excited and couldn't wait to get started.
The program was not all that I expected. Some of the speeches were pretty good, but the main speech was very prolonged and boring. I felt that there was not enough effort given to motivate the students and get us excited about the school year. I literally dosed off a couple of times, and every time I got myself together I felt like going asleep again.
For future references, the speaker should have more enthusiam and interaction with the students to ignite our energy and motivate our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment